Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One year Anniversary

First of all let me say that we have been in England for one year as of February 9th!  I can't believe it.  It seems like a year has passed and then it doesn't.  So happy one year anniversary to us.  

Last week we went to the library on base and I saw the movie Julie & Julia.  I hadn't found a good time to watch it and I didn't think that Mark really wanted to watch it.  The girls and I have been watching the cooking channel too.  Corina and Aurora think the show Unwrapped is really cool.  Corina and I like watching Cupcake Wars and the cake shows that are on.  I like watching almost any cooking show really.  So, Corina wanted to have a night where we just stay up together and do girly things.  I told her that I had to watch that movie before it was time for it to be returned to the library.  We stayed up late and watched Julie & Julia together.  I liked it and Corina did too.  We both decided (and I'm pretty sure I knew this one already) that we are never going to be cooking a live lobster and that we are never going to crowd our mushrooms again so they can brown properly, but especially the lobster.  Here is the lobster scene from that movie.  So funny! ( as I post this Corina is still laughing about this scene. )



The day after watching this movie Corina was in a cooking mood and she made this huge fruit salad for everyone.  She even cut up the grapes.


To change the subject it was SO windy here.  Corina and I saw a woman flying a kite that looked like a ship.  It was really cool.  We have a little kite so we decided that it would be a good family thing if we went and flew it.  We have a huge hill right outside our house at the park across the way.  We went up the hill and it was so ridiculously windy!  It was almost to windy for the kite!  In the end Aurora was flying the kite and the wind whipped it out of her hands and the kite flew down the hill and landed in the park so we took that as a hint.  We hadn't been to the park in a while because it has been yucky out.  The kids had a good time.  Here are some pics.  Also one random pic of Gwyneth.

The hill.

Flying the kite.

It really was windy.

Corina on the zip line at the park.

Aurora on the slide.

Other than all of that I have FINALLY been able to do one of my hobbies.  I was able to make some Valentines cards and 2 scrapbook pages.  I love it.  It's like therapy.  I usually upload my work on my scrapbook/card blog and enter it in the CPS and Pencil Lines blog challenge websites.  If you want to check out my work here is the link.  http://3-graces.blogspot.com/ or click here.

Well that is all for this week.  I hope everyone has a great week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment